See also Site Map
Toronto & East York District: Cook & Baker - TR0015
Requisition # 2302497\\\
Job Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job Stream Recreation Children/Youth/Older Adult
Job Type Part-time, Part-Time
Salary/Rate $16.98 - $16.98 / Hour
Number of Positions Open: 5
Start Date of Employment: TBD
Posting Date 1-Jun-2018
Expiry Date 3-Aug-2018
Educational Requirements N/A
Languages Required English
Job Description NONE (ed.) And no job summary either
Season(s): Fall, Winter, Spring
Location: Dufferin Grove Park
- Plans, organizes, implements and instructs Arts and Crafts programs for children in a specified medium
- Prepares lesson plans based on program curriculum prior to the start of the program session.
- Ensures necessary supplies and equipment list is provided prior to start of session to the appropriate supervisor.
- Ensures that the appropriate supplies and equipment are in place and operational before the start of each class and that the supplies and equipment is cleaned and stored away at the end of the class.
- Trains, directs any Assistant Art Instructor or volunteer assigned to the program.
- Establishes and maintains relations with the public and all internal staff.
- Adheres to all policy and safety guidelines as outlined in the Part Time Recreation Workers Handbook and all relevant policy and procedure manuals.
- Performs all administrative tasks necessary to support the program (i.e. attendance, incident and accident reports).
- Experience preparing menu plans based on program/event curriculum prior to the start of the program session.
- Experience baking bread including preparing dough, hand forming, scratch mixing and baking
- Experience prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to recipes
- Experience with various cooking methods, equipment and ingredients
Experience preparing supplies and equipment at the start of each event and cleaning and storing supplies and equipment away at the end of the event.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
Must produce Food Handlers certification
You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.
Important: Do not register or apply to job opportunities if you are a returning recreation staff, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.